With Tapio and an adaptive switch, a switch user can have complete access to an iPad or iPhone and even macOS computers using Apple's Switch Control. A single switch scanner really can move the highlight to an app on the home screen, launch it, and scan to controls within the app. All that's left is to plug an appropriate adaptive switch into Tapio, and attach it to an iOS Device using an Apple adapter. Two switches can be used through the addition of a Splitter Cable Kit, sold separately.
Switch Control provides single switch access to Apple's iOS touch interface.
The beauty of a robust direct connection is there are no worries with Bluetooth pairing, drop-outs, and sluggish connections. Forget about charging batteries, Tapio doesn't have any – it sips power directly from the iPad.
Tapio is a complete switch interface solution – elegant, simple, fast, efficient, and agile (iPad and iPhone, Android phone and tablet, macOS, Windows, Chromebook and Linux computers).
Tapio is a native USB switch interface that can be connected to an Apple iOS Device using an Apple USB adapter. It accepts industry standard 3.5 mm stereo or mono plugs, and directly interfaces up to two adaptive switches to an Apple iOS Device or computer. In addition to Apple iOS Devices, Tapio is a perfect interface for Android, Windows, macOS and Linux computers, and many Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) devices.
- Lightning Fast and Low latency
- Very Low Power
- Host powered – No Batteries to Charge or Replace
- Reliable Direct Connection – No Bluetooth Pairing Issues, No Drop-outs, and No Sluggish Connections
- Use re-charge Lightning adapter to charge iPad/iPhone while using Tapio
- Apple iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone
- Android Tablets and Smartphones
- macOS, Windows and Linux computers
- Most Speech Generating Devices
- Accepts One or Two Adaptive Switches (3.5-mm/0.125-inch)
- With Long Press – Up to "Four Switch Functionality" in iOS
- Apple Switch Control events (iOS7 and newer)
- Switch Access for Android events (Android 5.0 and newer)
- RJ Cooper Switch events
- High Performance Scan Modes
- 1-year limited warranty
- Origin Instruments Quality, Reliability and Support
- Full SpecificationsTapio Specifications
Tapio's integrated DIP Switch selects iOS Device specific modes, and mouse, joystick, or keyboard functions. Follow this link for an explanation of these modes and additional Tapio specific Tapio Specifications.