Have an item damaged during shipment? If an item is damaged during shipping, please Contact Us detailing the problem within 10 days of the order delivery. Retain the shipping box and packing until the issue is resolved. If we are not notified within 10 days and packaging is not retained, items damaged during shipping may not be reimbursable.
Here's the scoop on our warranty: Unless noted otherwise on the Warranty section of a product's page: Switch adapted toys have a 90 day warranty for manufacturer's defects (90 days from the delivery date) and AbleNet items carry a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase. All other items carry a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. Products that have been abused (dropped, cords mishandled, etc.), dismantled or modified by the customer, or have leaking batteries that have been installed by the customer, are void of warranty and will not be repaired or replaced. Adaptive Tech Solutions is not responsible for, and will not cover damage to, any electronic device, such as a tablet, phone, computer, other interfaces or switches used in conjunction with any product or device purchased from us.
Got a switch adapted toy or device that's not working like you expected?
- Most issues are due to bad batteries. Take out the batteries and wait 20 seconds before installing fresh batteries. We recommend Alkaline batteries. Rechargeable batteries are highly discouraged. Dead batteries do not constitute a manufacturer's defect and are not covered under warranty. If an item is returned to us and the only issue is weak or dead batteries (i.e., there is no defect) the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges, including return shipping to send the device back to the customer.
- If there is an on/off switch, some toys will run on their own (without the switch being pressed) while in the ON position. To switch activate these toys, move the on/off switch to the OFF position. Also note that some on/off switches are disabled during the modification process. Please Contact Us if you need assistance.
- Plug in a switch that you know is working (try the switch on another device or toy first) and then try to activate the toy or device. Many toys or devices will not work with AbleNet's Candy Corn switch or similar proximity switches. If you are trying to use a LittleMack or BigMack to act as the switch, please ensure you are recording a message on the device. Otherwise the toy will not play.
- In many instances, the toy will not run unless a switch is plugged in and is being held down to activate it.
Toy or device still not quite working right?
Defective items returned to us within the warranty period will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. If a replacement product is no longer available, a store credit will be issued. If a defective product is received by us within 30 days of the original order ship date, a refund may also be selected by the customer. Available options when we receive the return more than 30 days after the original order shipment date, but still within the warranty period, are: product replacement, repair or store credit.. To obtain warranty work you need a Return Authorization.
Obtaining a Return Authorization:
We must be contacted no later than the last day of the warranty period as outlined below.
- Log into your account
- Click on 'Completed Orders' to view the order that contains the item(s) you are wanting to return.
- Click on 'Return Items' and fill out the form.
Even if you used guest checkout, you can log into your account using your email as your user name and click 'Forgot Password' to establish a password.
We'll contact you to troubleshoot your problem. If troubleshooting fails, we'll email you a Return Authorization confirmation. Write your order number on the shipping label.
Approved returns must reach us within 14 days of the authorization date.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ship items back prepaid for warranty work. Upon receipt we will verify that the item qualifies for repair/replacement. If so, and the returned product was received by us within 90 days of the purchase date, we will reimburse return shipping costs.
Regardless of the shipping method you use when returning the item to us, shipping fees will be reimbursed at the least costly applicable published carrier rates. We do not reimburse for services such as signature confirmation, UPS packing services, or the added weight of excess packing materials in the shipping box (i.e., wads of paper). The box used to ship returns needs to be an appropriate size. If an excessively large box is used to return the item(s), we will reimburse based on a box size that would be appropriate to fit the item(s) being returned. Products need to be securely packaged. Items sent back to us without secure packing will be void of warranty.
If the item is found to be in working order, the customer will be responsible for shipping the item back to themselves.